A couple died following a chemical exposure at a flat on Currie Road in Musgrave, Durban, KwaZulu-Natal.

A couple died following a chemical exposure at a flat on Currie Road in Musgrave, Durban, KwaZulu-Natal.

chemical exposure
A couple died following a chemical exposure at a flat on Currie Road in Musgrave, Durban, KwaZulu-Natal. —

Netcare 911 spokesperson Shawn Herbst said paramedics were dispatched just after 10:00.

Herbs said reports indicated that the adult male and female’s family members tried contacting them but had no luck as their phones were not being answered.

“Upon arrival of the family member, who entered the flat, two relatives were found unresponsive,” Herbst said.

“The emergency services were immediately notified, who arrived on the scene within minutes. On scene were the eThekwini Fire and Rescue Services, SAPS Explosives Unit and Berea SAPS.

“It was established that an adjoining vacant flat had been fumigated using a white powder-like substance. Firemen used an industrial fan to clear the toxic fumes.”

A Netcare 911 Rescue Technician with the Fire Department reportedly used self-contained breathing apparatus to enter the home unit, where they found an adult male and an adult female unresponsive in the bed.

The couple was reportedly assessed, however they showed no signs of life and were sadly declared deceased.

“Circumstances leading up to the incident will be investigated by the relevant authorities.”

 

Don’t Miss Out On The Latest Happening >>> More Gist  @ >>   HypeGist
READ ALSO;   KZN Traffic officials to ensure roadworthiness of vehicles transporting maidens to Reed Dance

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *