..

Alec Baldwin rejects allegations of evading investigators handling Rust movie shooting probe despite refusing to hand over his phone for investigation (video)

Alec Baldwin rejects allegations of evading investigators handling Rust movie shooting probe despite refusing to hand over his phone for investigation…  Hollywood actor, Alec Baldwin has hit back at suggestions that he is not complying with an investigation into the fatal shooting of cinematographer, Halyna Hutchins on a New Mexico film set last year despite refusing to hand over his phone since he was ordered to 3 weeks ago.

 

Alec Baldwin rejects allegations of evading investigators handling Rust movie shooting probe despite refusing to hand over his phone for investigation (video)

Police have been attempting to get hold of the actor’s phone, which officers believe can aid their investigation.

In a search warrant granted on 16 December, investigators said they were looking for any texts, images, videos or calls related to the movie production.

READ ALSO;   Travis Barker gets a tattoo of his fiancee Kourtney Kardashian's lips over ex Shanna Moakler's name (photos)

Hutchins, a cinematographer, was shot when Mr Baldwin was rehearsing drawing a prop gun while filming Rust.

He has insisted he “didn’t pull the trigger”.

But a lawsuit against Mr Baldwin alleges that a film script did not require him to fire a gun when he fatally shot Ms Hutchins.

Lawyers handling the suit described the behaviour of Mr Baldwin and the film’s producers as “reckless”, and accused them of failing to follow safety protocols.

Defending why police officials have been unable to obtain his phone, Baldwin says specifying exactly what is needed from the phone takes time.

READ ALSO;   Bride's strapless wedding gown goes viral as it exposes 'worst tattoo ever'

In a long video message posted to his Instagram page on Saturday, January 8, the 63-year-old said that “any suggestion” that he had been deliberately evasive with investigators was a “lie”.

“They can’t just go through your phone and take your photos, or your love letters to your wife, or what have you,” Mr Baldwin said. “That is a process that takes time.”
“But of course we are going to comply 1,000% with all that,” he added.

His video message comes after law enforcement officials in New Mexico on Friday requested assistance from authorities in New York in their efforts to retrieve the phone.

READ ALSO;   Alec Baldwin to cancel all projects following prop gun incident on his movie set

District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies, who has been overseeing the investigation, said her office is working with the New York Sheriff’s Department and Baldwin’s lawyers “to obtain any materials from Mr Baldwin’s phone that pertain to the Rust investigation”.

Watch the video below…

 

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Alec Baldwin (@alecbaldwininsta)

 

 

Spread the love

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.