Czech singer dies after catching covid intentionally… A folk singer from the Czech Republic died after deliberately catching covid to allow her access to specific venues.
Hana Horka had posted on social media that she was recovering from covid. However, two days after posting, she died, reports the BBC.
Horka’s son Jan Rek told the BBC she intentionally got infected while he and his father had the virus. The 57-year-old is said to have wanted a recovery pass to get into specific venues in the Czech Republic that require proof of vaccination or evidence of a recent infection. Such venues include cinemas, bars and cafes.
“She should have isolated for a week because we tested positive. But she was with us the whole time,” Jan Rek said.
In a post sent by the late-singer two days before she died, Horka wrote: “Now there will be theatre, sauna, a concert.”
On the morning of her death, Horka reportedly felt better and even got dressed to go for a walk but after her back began hurting, she retired to her bedroom to lie down. Her son said it was “all over” in roughly “10 minutes” and that “she choked to death.”
Despite his mother’s refusal to get vaccinated, Jan Rek emphasised that his mother did not subscribe to conspiracy theories or some overarching governmental plot. In fact, “she was more OK with the idea of catching Covid than getting vaccinated.”
He said debating the issue would usually lead to outbursts of emotion but now hopes his story will inspire others to get the jab.
“If you have living examples from real life, it’s more powerful than just graphs and numbers. You can’t really sympathise with numbers,” he added.
More Great Stories On >> HypeGist