Juventus CEO, Fabio Paratici, has ruled out any possibility of forward, Cristiano Ronaldo, leaving the club this summer.
Reports had emerged last week that Ronaldo was set to leave Juventus for a return to his former club, Real Madrid following their elimination from the Champions League.
The 36-year-old, who had little impact during his side’s Champions League defeat to Porto, was heavily criticized for turning his back on Sergio Oliveira’s free-kick, which ensured the Portugal giants eliminated Andrea Pirlo’s side from the competition.
Reacting to the development, Paratici said he would do everything possible to ensure the Portugal captain remains at the Allianz.
He also insisted that Ronaldo represents the future of Juventus.
“It makes me smile. I never imagined Ronaldo could be put into question. In my career, I never thought I would have to discuss about Cristiano Ronaldo, whether his transfer was positive or negative,” Paratici told Sky Italy.
“I grew up in a small town in the Bassa Padana region called Borgonovo Val Tidone, and I heard people making these type of comments outside the church or in the bars about Gigi Rivera, Mazzola, Roberto Baggio, Michel Platini. I would have never thought of having one day to discuss these type of matters now at this level.
“This makes me smile. We’re talking about a player who in 2020 scored 41 goals in 38 matches with Juventus.
“He is currently – not five years ago – top scorer in the Serie A. Ronaldo won five Ballon d’Or awards, I don’t know how many Champions League titles.
“It’s a privilege to have him here, and we’ll hold on tight to him. We’re very happy to have him here.”
Meanwhile, Ronaldo’s current contract with Juventus will expire in the summer of 2022.
Ronaldo scored a hat-trick in Juventus’s 3-1 win over Cagliari in the Serie A on Sunday night.
The former Manchester United star will hope to lead Juve to victory when they host Benevento on Sunday.