Report: Ex-60 Minutes reporter facing assault charge

report ex 60 minutes reporter facing assault charge

Former 60 Minutes reporter Tracey Curro has been charged with assault.

News.com.au reports a spokesman for Queensland Police confirmed a 58-year-old woman was charged with common assault following an alleged incident in Ingham.

“Police will allege there was a dispute between two women known to each other on August 19 at 12:30pm at an Ingham address, and a 64-year-old woman has made a complaint,” the spokesman said.

“The 58-year-old woman has been issued with a notice to appear (in court).”

In a statement released to The Townsville Bulletin yesteerday, Ms Curro said caring for her elderly, terminally ill father had divided extended family members.

“I remain solely focused on my father’s wellbeing and ensuring his final days are peaceful.”

Curro has previously been a news presenter on Nine and 10, and a reporter on the Seven’s Beyond 2000. She worked for 60 Minutes from 1993 to 1997, and Nine Network from 2002 – 2005 before moving to the ABC for one year. She returned to 10 as an occasional presenter on The Project in 2011.

She is best known for her interview with politician Pauline Hanson, which included the infamous “please explain” reply.

Ms Curro will appear in Townsville Magistrate’s Court on October 11.

tvtonight...

Don’t Miss Out On The Latest Happening >>> More Gist  @ >>   HypeGist
READ ALSO;   Senzo Meyiwa Trial Judge Tshifhiwa Maumela’s Inspiring Life Story Charms Mzansi

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *